Distance from NYC: 20.1 miles
The Township of Union is located in north-central Union County. It is traversed by a network of local and regional roadways including the Garden State Parkway, Interstate 78, US Route 22, and State Route 82 commonly known as Morris Avenue. Union is home to the Bed Bath & Beyond corporate headquarters, host for the Annual Union County St. Patrick’s Day Parade, is located near the Newark Liberty International Airport and home to the 212 foot water sphere, the tallest in the world till 2012.
Union was settled in 1667 and later in the 18th century was called Connecticut Farms. Union was the site of the Battle of Connecticut Farms, one of the last battles between British and American forces during the American Revolutionary War. Union is only one quick train ride to New York City on the Raritan Valley Line, which opened in 2003 and includes a parking lot with over 450 spaces.
• Battle Hill Elementary School (K-5)
• Hannah Caldwell Elementary School (K-5)
• Connecticut Farms Elementary School (K-5)
• Franklin Elementary School (K-5)
• Jefferson Elementary School (Central Five) (5)
• Livingston Elementary School (K-5)
• Washington Elementary School (K-5)
• Burnet Middle School (6-8)
• Kawameeh Middle School (6-8)
• Union High School (9-12)